Houses for Sale in Calgary SW
Southwest Calgary Homes for Sale
If you're looking for a house for sale, Calgary SW might just be the perfect place to start.
The southwest section of Calgary is often described as the heart of the city, mostly due to the heavy concentration of head offices located within its borders. The most mature of Calgary's four geographic quadrants, Calgary SW is also home to some of the city's most affluent neighbourhoods, including Britannia, Pump Hill, and Mount Royal.
Search popular areas in Calgary SE
Calgary SW Real Estate Information
The concentration of luxury homes in this community comes as no surprise, since Calgary was able to boast the highest number of millionaires per capita of major Canadian cities in 2015. Calgary SW remains one of the most popular choices for those who live and work in the downtown core, and it’s all the more inviting due to its proximity to the iconic Red Mile, a mecca of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping and exciting nightlife.
Below are the most recent real estate listings in Calgary SW by all of the Calgary real estate brokers that participate in the local MLS.
Calgary's South West at a Glance
There are many reasons people look to the southwest section of Calgary when they're on the hunt for a home. Whether your budget allows you to browse listings for custom built luxury homes with breathtaking mountain views, waterfront condos, or estates for sale with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, this Calgary neighbourhood has it all. It is also full of single-family homes with views of the city skyline, or simpler options like a starter home for rent or purchase.
Great Outdoor Fun
Calgary SW also has easy and convenient access to Fish Creek Park, one of the country’s largest civic parks. Take the family on a bike ride during the day, or bring your own charcoal and firewood as you gather around one of the many sheltered picnic areas to cook a meal and enjoy being together in the great outdoors.
Outside of the inner city, there are several world class athletic and leisure spaces available to use as well. One such facility is the Repsol Sports Centre, where you can train, compete, or simply play in any number of the available dryland or aquatic sports. Another is the Westside Recreation Centre, a leisure lifestyle centre for the whole family. Not too far away at the Glenmore Reservoir you'll find the Calgary Canoe Club and Calgary Rowing Club, as well as the Glenmore Sailing Club, the largest of its kind in the country. In Calgary SW, there's a little something for everybody!
Let's not forget Spruce Meadows. It’s a renowned horse jumping facility located near the southern edge of the quadrant. For almost 50 years, it has committed itself to being the leading venue in the world for international equestrian sports. It also happens to be home to the new Canadian Premier League soccer team, Calgary FC.
Calgary SW is also home to seven golf courses, as well as a host of other major shopping centres. Along with a number of lush parks nearby, such as Heritage Park, Sandy Beach and Edworthy Park, Calgary SW is the perfect place for professionals and families alike to settle down, stay healthy, and become part of a truly storied community.
Lively Indoor Entertainment
If you want to stay indoors, you can head over to one of Calgary SW's most famous indoor landmarks: the Chinook Centre. It’s the city’s largest shopping mall with a plethora of activities for you to enjoy, including:
- Taking in a show at the Scotiabank Cineplex
- Hitting the lanes at the Chinook Bowladrome
- Enjoying a delicious meal or snack in any one of the dozens of eateries, coffee shops, bakeries and restaurants
- Shopping galore
Having indoor fun doesn't mean you have to stay at the mall. You can also enjoy some of the attractions at the nearby Red Mile, otherwise known as the 17th Avenue district. Here you'll find lots to do, and plenty of shopping and entertainment options. With hundreds of local merchants, a unique mix of old and new buildings, and plenty of bars, this is the place to go to celebrate a Calgary Flames win or to party it up with some of your closest friends. Calgary SW is perfect for people of all ages.
Calgary SW Neighbourhoods: A Closer Look
Some of our favourite neighbourhoods are listed below. They all have their charms, and each one is a great place to consider as your new home:
- Garrison Woods: Boasting a youthful population and a commute to downtown in under 10 minutes via the Crowchild Trail, Garrison Woods has a mix of luxury condos and more established homes with plenty of characater.
- Altadore - Marda Loop: This walkable neighbourhood is very close to the Red Mile and full of trendy shops, spas, coffee shops, and dining options. Many of the homes are detached.
- Aspen Woods: A relatively new development, this neighbourhood has breathtaking views and consists of mostly single-family detached homes. It also has plenty of schools,so you’re sure to find the right fit.
- Silverado: Near the equestrian facility at Spruce Meadows, the homes located in the most southern parts of the southwest have easy access to mountain activities, like skiing and hiking.
- Britannia: One of the most affluent of Calgary's neighbourhoods, only 700 residents live in this area bordered by Elbow Drive and the Elbow River. With great shopping opportunities, parks, and a quick commute downtown,Britannia is the complete package.
- West Springs: A 25-minute commute from downtown, this vibrant community is a popular choice for families with its easy access to a wide variety of amenities, parks, as well as biking and walking trails.
An honourable mention goes out to Stanley Park, one of the oldest communities in the city. It is a peaceful, quiet neighbourhood in a park-like setting located along the beautiful Elbow River. According to the city of Calgary, it’s also a favourite destination for activities like picnicking, swimming, canoeing, tobogganing, and of all things, lawn bowling!
Your Calgary SW Real Estate Solution
Below are the most recent real estate listings in Calgary SW. It features a complete listing of Calgary real estate brokers that participate in the local Calgary MLS. If you want to sell, buy, or rent homes or condos in Calgary, you will find the best information right here. Start your search of our listings today!
Not finding the perfect home in Calgary South West? Just reach out below and we will find it for you!