Find a School: Calgary Board of Education and Other Options
Moving to Calgary can bring some surprises. Besides the natural beauty of both the natural and cultural landscapes, there are also a surprising number of school options. That’s one great thing about this city: Calgary allows you to choose the environment in which you want your child to learn.
Young children can attend a school that’s part of the Calgary Board of Education, Calgary Catholic School District, as well as French Immersion. And while not all schools offer co-ed learning, no matter the grade level, Calgary has many options for your children to reach their full potential.
While you can Google the search term “find school calgary,” a Calgary real estate agent can do the work for you and significantly more, helping you find a home in your price range, narrow down your options to your preferred neighbourhoods, and they can always factor in things like schools while doing so. Calgary House Finder won’t just help you find your dream home, they’ll make it easy.
Don’t forget to browse our Calgary houses for sale to find what you’re looking for today!
Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
Calgary’s public school board manages over 200 schools. The district is divided into the following areas:
- Parkdale Centre consists of 28 communities in the SW and NW quadrants.
- Mount View Centre consists of 37 communities in the NW and NE quadrants.
- Willowglen Business Park consists of 23 communities in the NE and SE quadrants. This area of the public school board has a strong English as a Second Language program.
- Ernest Manning High School covers the SW and SE quadrants.
- Haysboro Centre covers the SW and SE quadrants.
You can also browse their interactive map or contact us!
Calgary Catholic School District
The Calgary Catholic School District has 118 schools, making it the largest Catholic school district in Alberta. In addition to Calgary, the schools are also located in Airdrie, Cochrane, Chestermere and Rocky View County.
Here are several schools located in Calgary:
- Prince of Peace Catholic School: Located in Auburn Bay, this school is for students at the Kindergarten to Grade 9 level. Find houses for sale in Auburn Bay.
- St. Monica School: This school has a K-9 education program. It’s located in Mission beside the Elbow River.
- St. Bonaventure School: Located in the Lake Bonaventure neighbourhood of SW Calgary, this school offers programs for the K-12 grade level.
Charter Schools & Private Schools
There are a surprising number of independent and private schools in Calgary that offer a prestigious education. We have provided only a few examples to get you started:
- Banbury Crossroads: Located in the SW Calgary neighbourhood of CFB Currie, this school offers preschool to Grade 12 learning.
- Delta West Academy: This school resides in Bridgeland-Riverside, located in NE Calgary. They offer programs from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Mountain View Academy: Located in the Horizon neighbourhood of NE Calgary, this school offers K-12 programs.
- *Honourable Mention: The Calgary Chinese Private School is the oldest Chinese school in the city. They offer Mandarin and Cantonese courses for Kindergarten to Grade 12. It’s located in Downtown Calgary, close to the Bow River.
Note: Some charter and private schools do not have websites, so you’re welcome to speak with us.
You will find French Immersion programs for K-12 at various schools in the districts mentioned above.
Consider the following private schools:
- Calgary French and International School: This school is in SW Calgary in the Paskapoo neighbourhood. They cater to the preschool grade level to Grade 12.
- Lycée Louis Pasteur: Located in Altadore, a SW Calgary neighbourhood, this school offers a K-12 education.
- West Island College: This school caters to the 7-12 Grade level. It’s located in Ogden, Calgary, in the SE quadrant. Find houses for sale in Calgary SE.
If you would prefer that your child is in an entirely French school, Calgary offers two choices:
- École Sainte-Marguerite-Bourgeoys: Located in the SW neighbourhood of Lincoln Park, this school is for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12. It also has a preschool for children aged 3-5 years old.
- École Notre Dame De La Paix: This school is for students in Kindergarten to Grade 6 and includes a preschool for children aged 3-5 years old. It’s located in Willow Park of SW Calgary.
There is also the École Notre Dame Des Vallées outside of Calgary in Cochrane. They have a preschool for children aged 3-5 and cater to students from Kindergarten to Grade 9.
Learn More About Calgary Schools
Parents want the best for their children, and we want the best for you and your family! That’s why Calgary House Finder professionals make finding a new home much easier.
There is a lot to consider when moving: culture shock, jobs, renovations, and schooling. We will help you find the right community with our various services. And if you’re looking for continuing education schools, we can also help you find a college or university in Calgary.
Contact us today to get started!